Sunday, March 4, 2012

Stories


Our history as Americans is collectively brought together through our ancestors.  Maybe you can trace your family back to the Native Americans, or the Separatist’s and  Puritan’s of the seventeenth century, or the Germans and Irish of the nineteenth century, or more recently the Italian’s and Portuguese of the twentieth century. Wherever our ancestors may be from, we as Americans feel a connection to their journeys.  After all, their journeys are our collective link to our American heritage.

Frank Pimentel Family, circa 1910 in Lowell, Massachusetts
Every time I uncover a piece of a family’s story, I feel a connection not only to the individuals that I am researching, but also to the time and place in which they lived.  It is inspiring to know that we are all part of a fascinating history kept alive through our ancestor’s stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment